Monday, February 18, 2013

It's not the singer, it's the song.

  It doesn't matter who you know or what your image is.  A hit song would trump all of that anyway, wouldn't it?

  Considering all the famous bad singers who put out hits, yep.  Although....  I must love that song "breathe" by anna malick for her voice, because the song itself isn't that great.  I covered it once and then I was like, "eh, never mind, this is boring."  I just like singing along with it.

 So, what makes a hit?
 Ingredients like simple, catchy and upbeat maybe?  Motivating, invigorating or nostalgic?
 Evocative lyrics/subject matter or mood?

The thing is, I don't sit down and write songs on purpose.  They just sort of happen while I'm talking to myself.  Well, that's how they start anyway,  I play around with them from there.  It could take hours or months to write a song.  It really depends on how much I like it.  You can tell how much I like a song by how many times I remix it :) 

And if I like it, maybe someone else will, too.  That's the bottom line I guess, put it out there because you never know...

I want to believe that someone, somewhere is listening to "over my head" heartbroken and bawling their eyes out, or walking Baxter Blvd to my dance album...

https://soundcloud.com/nancy-cartonio/sets/dance-music-28.

...... and suddenly it's late and the NyQuil is kicking in!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? Thanks for leaving a comment!