Saturday, February 23, 2013

How I Stay Thin

I am not skinny.  I am not a health nut, or an exercise freak, nor have I ever had a flat, model belly.  However, I'm a thin person.  I am a bit top-heavy but not busty enough to notice really.  Overall I am grateful for the body I have.  I was a little overweight in between each baby, but I managed to snap back (with some stretch marks of course).  I maintain a relatively hot but flawed body (considering I had 3 kids).  I'm telling you this because I want to share my "think thin" philosophy that I learned from my Dad.   Think like a thin person thinks, do what a thin person does.  Catch yourself when you're about do to something a fat person would do.   Develop thin habits.  Now, I used to think thin habits amounted to starving and smoking cigarettes, but in my experience, it is really all about portion control.  Habitually, I don't eat very much in one sitting, or very quickly.  Well, I drink coffee quickly, I almost chug my first cup.  I take my morning pills with my first cup so that might be why.  But coffee in the morning, a slice of raisin toast with butter and a hard boiled egg or a link of sausage, and more coffee...  with whole milk and 3 sugars (it's a big mug), and after that it's just pitcher water til after school.  Bear in mind that this all starts around 6am-ish, and it takes me forever to finish eating my little breakfast.  I take a bite or 2 and walk away, do a chore or go to the store and come back in an hour and have a little more.  Woah did that totally rhyme?  Weird.  Anyway, the good thing is that I don't ever stuff myself.  Well, maybe once in a while, at night.  When I drink red wine I like to snack on cheese and olives, and cheez-its, and occasionally some pepperoni slices but you shouldn't ever feel stuffed if you want a small stomach.  In fact, only eat until you're not hungry.  Leave plenty of room for dessert and then don't have dessert.  I mean, don't eat dessert.  Go have sex instead, and be on top.  A thin person would be on top.  A thin person would have a small stomach and would be completely stuffed by now (that means stop eating now if you want to be a thin person).  And if your portion looks like it's not enough, stop trusting your eyes!  Use your hand as a guideline, eat a handful at a time, drink water in between.  No special diet, just common sense and portion control.  Don't eat crap, and don't eat much, you don't want to stretch out your stomach by stuffing it to the brim.  Even if you are stuffed on celery you are still stretching your stomach out, which means the next time you are hungry it will take more food to sate you.  That's going the wrong way!  Eat less and less, shrink your stomach, need very little to sate your hunger!!!  Create new habits based on thinking and acting thin, that way even if you do occasionally eat crap, you won't eat much of it.  A habit takes only 21 days to develop into the feeling of normal routine.  Just sayin'.

The reason I titled this as a  "controversy" is because:

~ I assume there will be someone who reads this and thinks something like, "well maybe for you but I'm naturally fat"  And to that person I say, "Well then you are thinking like a fat person, and probably acting like one."  Don't use that excuse anymore and see how much easier it is to take that step in the right direction.  Next thing you know, every step you take will be in that direction, out of habit.

~It is taboo to talk about wanting to be thin, isn't it?  Even though we're all thinking it, we're not supposed to talk about it?  Oh, wait, we're not supposed to be obsessed with it, or something....

~It is culturally unacceptable to have the audacity to give advice to anyone about anything ever, especially without credentials.  Well my credentials are as follows:  I've been unhealthily thin, I've been fat, and I've been healthily thin, in that order, and I look good now doing what I'm doing.  Some people have asked me how I do it.  So there ya go.

~ I can think of plenty of reasons to NOT post this......



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, not that it is not difficult to do this sometimes, but it will work. My father would buy a box of cookies but only eat two each night, he was 165 from the time he 21 TILL HE WAS 77

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think? Thanks for leaving a comment!