Sunday, February 15, 2015

Raised On Planet Venis, Now Living On Planet Penus

When I was a kid, somehow I came to believe that smart and pretty were opposites.  I was reading by age 4, and when I was 9, I beat my stepdad in a game of chess.  Other girls were pretty, but I was the smart one.

During puberty, I wished I was pretty.

In my 20's, I realized I am actually kind of pretty, and I could be more pretty if I tried, so I started trying.

In my 30's, I used Facebook to prove myself pretty.   Mission accomplished! Facebook has helped many people to remind me that I am pretty.

And not just me, everybody was out fishing when we first got Facebook. Remember the "boudoir photo shoots" trend?  Every girl I knew was playing lingerie model in their spare time.  Facebook was like a Fredrick's of Hollywood catalog, starring me and my Facebook friends.

At some point in my mid 30's I began studying psychology, and that is why I can honestly say:

In America, girls who don't look like Barbie believe they are unfuckable, and that is a very dangerously false thing for a girl to believe about herself.  Girls who believe nobody wants to fuck them, might also believe they will be safe at a Frat party.

I don't begrudge a girl looking good and getting attention, I'm talking about the brainwashing of young girls, low self esteem causing them to seek approval using their sex appeal, and we've all done it, because it's easy.  It's the easiest ego boost ever.  But the fact that you needed it in the first place is due to the systemic, generational problem of girls choosing to enhance their looks over their brains and accomplishments.  And it's not paying off like our grandmothers said it would!  But I digress.

Refrigerators don't try to attract magnets.  The magnets just stick, no matter what the fridge does.  Refrigerators are working all day and all night, and magnets are just jumping on when ever they get close enough.

But it's tolerated because one of those magnets could turn out to be the magnet of their dreams.

Either way, a refrigerator should be at peace with itself first.

I think that is perfectly logical advice.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? Thanks for leaving a comment!