Monday, January 14, 2013

headphones vs speakers

It is very frustrating indeed!

 I spend all day working on a song, in my room using headphones.  By the time I finish, I am in love with it.  I listen to it over and over until I feel like it belongs on the internet.  During the "over and over" part I have finished my third glass of merlot, which may be why I love the song so much.   The frustrating part is listening to the song on speakers.  It always sounds different, worse.  I have recorded, mixed and mastered under many a different circumstance and I still can't figure out how to "nail it".   And there are days when I listen to all the songs I have ever done and I think they all suck.  That may be why I do a lot of remixing/reworking old songs.  If I almost love it, or only like a couple bits, I will take it apart and play with it for awhile...  But goddammit I swear it sounds amazing in my headphones so why does it sound like crap when I plug in the speakers?!  It's a pickle alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? Thanks for leaving a comment!